marca 29, 2020

Interview vol.10 Guido

I'm Guido Meyer and I'm from Switzerland



1. When and how you started taking pictures of Lego?


When i was a kid, i was a test builder for lego in switzerland. i was allowed to assemble a lego technic set about once a month and then answer a detailed questionnaire. i always lead this occupation with my father by my side. at the age of about 14 i had enough from legos. the pupil demanded her tribute ;-) 20 years later i bought the lego porsche out of nowhere and built it with full joy. but - what now? 
What can i do with this model? Allow to dust? Give away? After careful consideration,
 I wanted to photograph this model once. I had no idea about photography and had to buy everything new. And that‘s how everything getting startet. 
The beginning of that was the January 2018.



2.  How does photoography affect your life?
With photography and image manipulation, i can descend into my own world. I can do what I want. for me it is pure relaxation. I usually have an idea and try to implement it in my head beforehand. photography also enriches my life and gives me the opportunity to express emotions. Even if many people don't notice it, my pictures often conceal their own emotions that concern me in everyday life. that's why photographing and manipulating photos has a meditative effect on me.




3. What is your favorite photo and why?


There are many favorite photos. most from other photographers ;-) you guys know @avanaut (Vesa Lehtimäki)? He give me the inspiration to start after the lego-porsche with photographing lego minifigures. 
If i have to choose one of mines: it is definitely the darth vader photo with the double saber. the double saber lost nothing but I thought it was funny. why does everything always have to go according to rules? 
Feel free to do whatever you want ;-)




4. What advice would you like to give beginner photographers ?


Look for examples of how your photos should look. what looks and lighting conditions do you like? 
Are there certain topics you want to photograph? 
Then, if you are clear, do the three E-methods:
experiment, experiment again, and experiment again


If you like certain photos of someone, don't hesitate to ask them how they do it.



I recommend everyone to buy a good camera with a suitable lens. It doesn't have to be too expensive, but it makes a huge difference right from the start. a 50mm lens is tache ideal alla-rounder for lego photography ;-)





5. Any New Year's resolutions for 2020?


Luckily i stopped smoking in august 2019 ;-) 
Maybe more sport? Haha i will see it!


I love this interview with you bro! THANKS! - Lukas aka LEGODATA


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Interview with Mylene from France

Mylène, 26 from Lyon France.  Instagram : My_niature (a combination of my name and the word miniature. In French « My » is pronounced « M...

Copyright © 2014 GEEKY LIFE by Lukas Wiecek , Blogger