marca 22, 2020

INTERVIEW vol.9 JEFF

Hi, my name is Jeff Lapré i'm 40 years old and i'm from Middelburg, Netherlands




I started Lego photography in October 2018.
I bought my son some Lego Marvel superheroes and i took some pictures with my phone and thought, this is fun.
Because i just took a few steps back from the photography business i was looking for a new creatieve outlet, Lego photography filled that void perfectly.
I’ve always been a “popculture geek” and the way they make Lego mini figures nowadays inspires me very much.
I’m making “childhood Memories” through Lego photography.



Photography in general has always kept me busy and has giving me so much in life.
I rolled into the photography business in 2012 and it let me see so much of the world and it let me meet
 many interesting people.
It’s because of photography i’ve met my girlfriend during a shoot and why i am a father today.
Nowadays i don’t do much in the photography business because it doesn’t give me the same satisfaction
 as Lego photography gives me.
And that’s what it’s all about at the end of the day, having fun.

Lego photography on the other hand is really “affecting” my life compared too regular photography.
I have a storyline way of shooting , so i’m always thinking about how the story is gonna go.
Because i build my backgrounds i’m always keeping my eyes open for new materials no matter where I am.
The background building takes some time too, and the photography itself and post of course.
Lego photography is very time consuming ,luckily my family is very supportive 
and they give me room to do what i love to do.

The toy photography community is very supportive too
 and has given me many new friends, close by and far away.



One of my most favorite photo has to be “creative outlet 39”.
Wolverine and Captain America jumping of a bike in midair.
It’s one of those pictures where everything falls into place.
Angle, Lighting, poses, effects, everything turned out better then planned.
Poses can be frustrating sometimes but the poses in this picture really satisfied me for the first time.
This photo also got me nominated for the first time on Toypic_community for the “Top 5 Friday” contest, 
so it has a special place in my memory.



The best advice i’ve been given at the beginning was use proper light and don’t get tangled 
in what kind of equipment you use.
Invest in yourself and not in equipment.
Learn how to use light, look at what it does and how it acts.
Look at how other photographers use their light.
It’s a “trail and error business” photography.
Learn from your mistakes and don’t give up and never be to satisfied with the result.
It keeps you hungry for more and eventually will make you better and better.

I’m lucky that i use good equipment but that’s not what it’s all about.
I’ve seen the most beautiful pictures taken with a phone and not with expensive camera’s and lighting.
The reason why they’re beautiful is because the photographer knew what he or she was doing.

I always make the comparison with F1 driving.
You can put me in the best F1 racing car but i’m not gonna make the best lap time 
because i don’t have the skills to do so.




With the state that the world is in today i gotta say staying healthy.
From a Lego photography point of view, making myself better and helping others within the community.
I’ve got a few ideas on tutorials, online content ,ect but with a family, 
daytime job and Lego photography time isn't always my ally.

Maybe i’ll find time within 2020 to achieve those goals.

Thank you Jeff for this interview ! That was nice to meet you better - LUKAS aka LEGODATA

You can find more Jeff photography on his Instagram @lapfo79



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Interview with Mylene from France

Mylène, 26 from Lyon France.  Instagram : My_niature (a combination of my name and the word miniature. In French « My » is pronounced « M...

Copyright © 2014 GEEKY LIFE by Lukas Wiecek , Blogger