czerwca 28, 2020

Interview with Mylene from France

Mylène, 26 from Lyon France. 
Instagram : My_niature (a combination of my name and the word miniature. In French « My » is pronounced « Mee ») 



1. When and how you started taking pictures of Lego? 

The funniest part of my Lego story is that I’ve never been a Lego kid, to be honest I never ever had Lego as a child and I got my very first set in 2017 -The Big Bang Theory one because I liked the show-. To me Lego was just some little bricks for kids, until that day I heard about a Lego Store in my city (Lyon, France). I just built a little Me-minifig for fun, and I started taking her on trips and put her in my Instagram stories. Then I started buying accessories for that fig... And this is where it all began :). 



2.  How does photoography affect your life? 

As some people on Instagram know, I am Asperger Autistic and socializing has always been very difficult for me as I never liked the same things as others. I’ve always been very ashamed about what I like and when I started buying lego I thought « Another hobby I will have to hide, Yoo-hoo. ». 
So when I started posting pics of lego I received some very nice feedbacks and I decided to create a special account for them, I would’ve never imagined that much people were into Lego, and I started feeling more confident about it. 
Now I use my pictures to put words on my emotions and to show that toys are not just toys, I want to tell real stories with them, and a lot of people around me changed their mind about Lego and toys in general, and that’s a little victory for me. 


3. What is your favorite photo and why? 

A bit hard to choose but I think my favorite picture is a black and white one with a couple enjoying a bicycle ride under the rain. It’s one of these pics where the figs look so alive, I can almost feel their joy. And it’s really what I wanted to show ! 


4. What advice would you like to give beginner photographers ? 

I am very exigeant and impatient when it comes to my work and I still feel like I’m a beginner, so hard to give advices, haha ! 
But my advice would be : Find inspiration everywhere you can find it. I find my inspiration in daily life, in stories people tell me... etc. Don’t put yourself limits just because it’s toys, when I first started to shoot Lego couples I felt a bit uncomfortable because « toys don’t have feelings »... And actually toys can have feelings too if you want it, and that’s okay ;). 


5. Any new resolutions for 2020?

Buying more spare pieces instead of sets to start creating Mocs, and to have more freedom in my future scenes. 

Thank you so much Mylene for this interview! 
Im waiting for more mocs and phototos from you
Lukas aka LEGODATA!

1 komentarz:

  1. Wreszcie znalazłam jakiś blog o temacie tylko klocuszków LEGO. :) Pozdrawiam.

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Interview with Mylene from France

Mylène, 26 from Lyon France.  Instagram : My_niature (a combination of my name and the word miniature. In French « My » is pronounced « M...

Copyright © 2014 GEEKY LIFE by Lukas Wiecek , Blogger