maja 24, 2020

Interview vol.18 Aaron

Hey, I am Aaron Fassbender from Germany - my Instagram alter ego is brixXSs
 (a combination of bricks and XS - like extra small). 
Thank you for having me Lukas.






 
1. When and how did you start taking pictures of LEGO?
I have a always been a LEGO enthusiast. The story began in 1983 on Christmas 
with the Yellow Castle (375). 

My affinity for LEGO photography started many years later. Because of my job, I travel a lot and there are times when I can't see my kids. Therefore, I started to take pictures of LEGO Minifigures to share them with them... Finally, in 2015, I began to share them with the Instagram community.

 
2. How does photography affect your life?
When I travel I always carry at least one or two Minifigures with me. When I find a good a spot. I usually take a photo. This can be embarrassing for people travelling with me, because I don't care, if other people stop by to watch me. Meanwhile my daughter (8) started to do the same and my son (12) has his own account on Instagram.
Generally spoken, it started as a hobby and turned out to be more. Toy photography connects people and I made friends all over Europe, Asia and the United States. We even founded a WhatsApp group with some AFOLs (Adult Fans of LEGO) from Switzerland and Germany. 
For me, building LEGO and taking pictures is quality time that I share - whenever possible - with others.

 

3. What is your favorite photo (of yours) and why?
Hard to say... My favorite picture is probably a picture inspired by Game of Thrones' episode "Breaker of Chains" (season 4 episode 3). It was the first time that the lighting worked out really well. I added some smoke and even crafted a little lamp to get the lighting right. I took like 50 pictures until I found the right one. In addition to that, I am still happy with the whole setup. 
 

4. What advice would you like to give beginner photographers?
Take time! My first pictures were horrible. Depending on your experience in photography, it will take some time until you make some really good pictures. Take time (!) to plan your lighting, the setup, or the editing - I spent days on some of my pictures. Be patient (!) when it comes to gain followers on social media... This can be a veeeeery slow process. Get inspired! Check out other accounts, talk to other AFOLs and learn from them.
 
5. Any new ideas for 2020?
My idea is to continue formats like Tales of Brixxss - a fairytale with interactive elements, like in an RPG or a playbook. I think about adding another format - maybe a Science Fiction story? Who knows? Maybe Apart from that I would like to post some more pictures of MOCs (my own creations) and tutorials.

Thanks a lot Aaron for this interview! I love your GOT ideas and photos!
Cheers ! Lukas aka LEGODATA!

1 komentarz:

  1. Great interview! I also carry at least two minifigures with me at all times!

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Interview with Mylene from France

Mylène, 26 from Lyon France.  Instagram : My_niature (a combination of my name and the word miniature. In French « My » is pronounced « M...

Copyright © 2014 GEEKY LIFE by Lukas Wiecek , Blogger