marca 01, 2020

Interview vol.7 HAUKE

I'm Hauke Jürgensen, 25years old, Hamburg.


1. When and how you started taking pictures of Lego? 

I have been building Lego since my early childhood. After my dark ages where I sold all my Lego Star Wars Sets, I started to rebuild my collection when I moved to Hamburg in 2014. Within 5 years I bought a lot of Sets that I displayed in my flat. Due to the inspiration of many Lego Instagramers (e.g. Baggles4Real, Legodimnico or HueHughes) I came up with the idea of starting my own channel in early 2019. First I just took some photos of Minifigs but I recognized quite quickly that I need my own style. So I came up with the idea to recreate my most beloved Star Wars Films in Lego Form. By doing this I can use many Figures and Sets I collected over the years, my parts inventory and my creativity. A great and fun combination I am still passionate about after working now for 1 year on this project.


2.  How does photoography affect your life?

The LEGO Photography is the Hobby that connects my passion to LEGO and Star Wars. It’s always astonishing to me to see what‘s possible to create with Lego Bricks and a Camera. Seeing how my most beloved films come to life in LEGO really means a lot to me. Besides that, I really like to talk to other members of the LEGO Community. Sharing experiences in terms of photography and MOC Building or just hanging out and talking about Star Wars and stuff is just relaxing and enjoyable. The LEGO Photography has become an important part of my life that I do not want to miss anymore. 


3. What is your favorite photo and why?

My favorite photo is the Luke‘s Training Scene aboard the Millennium Falcon. I really put a lot of effort into the interior of the Falcon for this small MOC and I think the Details really turned out great. Furthermore it was the first photo of mine with a bit of digital editing. My Girlfriend and I were trying out different free apps to make the lightsaber glow blue. In the end AdobeLightroom turned out to be a good and easy solution. In general I try to create as much effects as possible without using digital editing. The Micro LEDs of Brickstuff are great for lightning but in terms of lightsaber effects I could not find a good solution besides digital editing by now.


4. What advice would you like to give beginner photographers ?

To be honest I am not the Photographer behind my Scenes. My Girlfriend is taking the Photos. 
So here are some Advices from her:
  • Get a Photo Box to always have excellent lightning. 
  • Photo boxes are available in any sizes and not that pricey.
  • You do not need a professionell Camera to start. A smartphone does the job as well.
  • If you use filters to edit your photos, keep consistent in your choice 
  • of filters to always have the same style.
I am only the person behind the ideas and buildings. 
So I can just give advices in terms of LEGO Building:
  • Start small, not big! 
  • Completing several smaller builds is way more motivational 
  • than struggling for a long time with a big Moc.
  • Don‘t be a perfectionist - stop doing, start finishing! Sometimes it is better to finish a Moc than investing too much time and effort into the build. Later on, you will always find parts you could have done better. Just use these learnings for your next MOCs.
  • Do what others don‘t do! Build things and scenes that not have been done. This way you are forced to use your creativity and the building process is way more fun and challenging.


5. Any New Year's resolutions for 2020?

In 2020 I want to finish my „A New Hope“ Building Series. There are only 9 Parts left until I have recreated the very first Star Wars Film from 1977 in 55 unique Lego Scenes. 
After this Project I will start to build „The Empire Strikes Back“ in Lego. I already did some research and wrote down 54 Scenes from this Movie that I want to recreate in LEGO form. I also incorporated the wishes and Ideas of my Instagram Followers. This series will start in May 2020 on my Channel. So stay tuned!


THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INTERVIEW BRO AND REGARDS FOR YOUR GIRLFRIEND! 
- LUKAS AKA LEGODATA!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Interview with Mylene from France

Mylène, 26 from Lyon France.  Instagram : My_niature (a combination of my name and the word miniature. In French « My » is pronounced « M...

Copyright © 2014 GEEKY LIFE by Lukas Wiecek , Blogger