maja 10, 2020

Interview vol.17 Alfonso

My name's Alfonso Domínguez Lavin, 46 years old and I'm an engineer & consultant, civil servant and based in Spain. On one hand, yeah, I'm a prod freak of Starwars, Lego, Marvel, LOTR and almost everithing Sci-Fi or Fantasy related. 


And I'm a photographer, too, landscape and architectural shots mostly, I won some international prizes like Gold medal in Epson Pano Awards and Trierenber Super Circuit. I almost forgot, with a group of friends we released from time to time a photography magazine called LMF Magazine. On the other, I'm married with the love of my life, Nuria, and we have 2 wonderful kids, Diego y Noemí. 



1. When and how you started taking pictures of Lego?
About a year ago, I remember perfectly: May 7th, 2019. But I always took pictures. I started to take seroiously about 2005 and focused my work on landscapes and portraits first and the in architectural shots. But I always had minifigs and ships and home. I've always been a fan. So, as I said, about a year ago, then, for personal reasons, I had no time for taking pictures outdoor so I took a decision to take photography home. In fact, sometimes, I'd tried toy photography but not the results I wanted. So I started to follow people, good toy photographers and observe and comment his works. Just only that. I started too to get some information from Youtube and learn some techniques. To get my comics again and watched movies and tv shows from a different perspective. 
If I learnt something and all those years is light is Key to every picture outside or at home taking toy pictures. 
Here's my gear for toy photography: 
- Nikon D610
- Nikkor AF 28-80 3.5-5-6 (borrowed from my first camera, my dear old Nikon F65)
- Close-Up Lens (+1,+2,+4,+10)
- Tripod
- 2 LitraTorch with diffusers and color gels
- Atmosphere aerosol
- Some led lights
- My minifigs and my kid's ;)
- And always my Think Tank Photo bag for the gear




2. How does photoography affect your life?

It's a way to see the world. It affects to me everyday. My wife tells me that I'm always think in taking the perfect picture althoug I don't do it. So I guess I would say: This is the Way.



3. What is your favorite photo and why?

It's not a toy picture, sorry guys, it was taken at Segovia, Spain, almost 2 years ago, in July. 
Balloon Dreams


From my toy pictures it's this one: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_u7mCag5L4/ I love Mandalorian minifig, it's my favourite since I watched the first video on Youtube announcing The Mandalorian show. I had to get that Lego minifig. 



4. What advice would you like to give beginner photographers ?

Observe people who do things right and don't hesitate to ask them. Learn from those you like their work. I found many good people here in toy photography community like you Lukas (@legodata), Thomas (@a.sithoflego), Rei (@030079ar), @brickstopixel, @minifigs_monthly, @lego_nuts, Carlos (@es_toyphoto), @lapfo79, @huehughes and so many others who are always to help or comment, share thoughts and tips or tricks. 
The list would be too long, sorry for not including all.

General advice, you should see BTS, tutorials, learn photography and lighting basics, 
that's the key. Follow photography magazines, of course. 
There's a lot of photography stuff on the Internet.

Some thing I've dooing lately is taking pictures when I see a scene I like it. For example, I'm watching again from the very beginning The Clone Wars so I stop when I see something that caught my attention and I take a picture. Then, later I try to get this in a Lego picture. 
Not always work but sometimes I get something good.




5. Any new resolutions for 2020?



I don't know really right know, you caught me. Notwithstanding COVID19, I guess to try to get focused in my work and doing better, I'm almost working about 12-13 h day, seven days a week during this crisis just trying to help others in my city. And related to photography, toy photography, indeed, I'm guessing to learn to do lightsaber trails perfect at least. 

I'm not very happy with my results but I'm trying.





--



Alfonso Domínguez Lavín - hola@alfonsodominguez.es

Personal Website: https://alfonsodominguez.es
La mirada de los Fotógrafos: https://lamiradadelosfotografos.com

Thank you, Alfonso for your work and beautiful pictures!
I hope that someday we will be able to take cool photos together.
Greetings from Poland - Lukas aka LEGODATA




                                

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Interview with Mylene from France

Mylène, 26 from Lyon France.  Instagram : My_niature (a combination of my name and the word miniature. In French « My » is pronounced « M...

Copyright © 2014 GEEKY LIFE by Lukas Wiecek , Blogger